Monday, September 28, 2009

Provision

It never ceases to amaze me how I am always provided for. All of my basic needs are always met. I have never experienced having a "true need" - something I just couldn't live without: water, food, shelter, etc. Which is completely amazing considering that the majority of the world's population have serious needs.

According to the hunger report, 1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty http://www.hungerreport.org/2009/mdgs/35. It's almost unimaginable. And it makes me realize how incredibly wealthy I am (though by American Standards, I'm on the low end of the $ train). The Lord is so amazing at providing for all my needs, and well beyond them.

I had an incredible reminder of this today...

I've been fund-raising for a mission trip to Armenia that's coming up this October, and just praying that God will provide all the money needed for the trip. I sent out support letters in August, and this Sunday, I'm presenting information about the trip at my church to raise awareness and, hopefully some support. [Background: This is my third trip to Armenia with the Armenian Relief Mission: armrelief.org. On this trip we'll be doing a food and firewood distribution for some of the most poverty stricken people of Vanadzor, Armenia; doing repair work on past playgrounds we've built, and working at the ARM orphanage in Yerevan].

The cost for the trip is $2,500, and as of this past week, I had raised $1,500. We're leaving on October 15th, so I've definitely been having "questioning moments" about whether all the money I need will be raised. And yet, more than either of the other two trips I've been on, I feel incredibly led to be on this one. So, I just have to have faith that God will provide...

And He has...

...in a BIG way. This morning, I got an e-mail informing me that a $1,000 donation was made toward my trip. Wow. wow. And it's from a very dear friend of mine. And I sat at my desk, and cried.

Thank you, Lord, for your provision. Thank you for going above and beyond all my needs. Never let me forget just how blessed I am. Jehova Jireh, grant me a givers heart, that others may be blessed as you have blessed me.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Philippians 4:19-20

1 comments:

  • Ery said...

    That's pretty awesome. Good luck with the trip. :)

  • Post a Comment