Monday, September 21, 2009

Good Things

It was a good weekend. So full. So brimming with life. So satisfying.

Last night I took myself out for a bowl of soup at Panera, and wrote out a list of "Good Things" from this weekend. And it follows:

*camp *driving *gorgeous weather *friends *good conversations *morning coffee * Jake Brothers Band *Jason Raitz * kids singing "Don't Stop Believing" while canoeing across the lake * laying on the dock watching the sunset and making water ripples * scratching behind the cow's ears * the blacksmith shop * incredible worship * happiness * crazy love * productivity/doing * goofy Jason stories * sharing life * stars...lots of stars * hayrides * wearing a beanie * laughing * singing * the beginning of fall colors * snakes * awesome youth leaders * Green House * Laura Paxon * prayer...lots of prayer * redemption * hope * transformation * more prayer * more worship * accountability *truth * acceptance * affirmation * more love *peace.

So, now I feel very filled, and I just want to revel in the feeling of "goodness". My prayer is that this is just a time of goodness for goodness sake, and not because God's building me up for some crazy (bad) stuff ahead. Lord, relieve that fear in me, and help me to know that no matter what comes next, you're still in control, and it's all part of your plan. You are Good.

0 comments:

  • Post a Comment