Friday, September 18, 2009

1 o'clock tick tock

Ahhh...a happy Friday. Today begins the kick-off to the first half of my camp-season, and the beginning of the Fall Crazies (more on the Fall Crazies later). I'm heading home from work at 1 pm to to finish packin' up, and then I'll hit the road to Wisconsin. :) Oh Wisconsin. You're a bizarre state to love, but I love you dearly. Someday I need to write an Ode to Wisconsin. :)

For the next two weekends I'll be co-directing the Jump Start retreat weekends at Camp Timber-lee. Both weekends are going to be quite intimate (we didn't get the response we were hoping for, [I think we're all trusting that this is exactly what God had planned for these weekends]), but because they're so small, we're going to get some fantastic quality time with the students and their leaders. Should be some awesome weekends. And the weather should be gorgeous too!

In other news, house group this past Wednesday really good. I asked for prayer this week because I have so much on my plate right now. I don't usually ask for prayer, although I don't know why - Lord knows I need it! Anyways, my girls totally encouraged me. It was an awesome time of affirmation - even though it's not what I necessarily wanted to hear, at least I know that I'm not crazy. [Quiet in the peanut gallery!]

I have been waiting for "something" to happen for soooo loooong. Seriously, for 10 years, and more intensely for the past 5. And I just keep hearing, "Wait. Be patient". It's been so long, that I'd begun (again) to wonder if I was really hearing right, or if I was making up excuses that were keeping me stuck. Well, through these wonderful women at house group, and their prayers and words, I am encouraged to know that is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. So Lord, please give me the patience to wait on you for the plan that you have for me. I have such a huge desire for BIG things in this life. Life on an EPIC scale, and I don't know exactly what that looks like. But, I do know that I can trust the Lord, and have faith that He has more for me; that He wants the best for me, and that I just need to keep running this race and persevering to the very end. (No matter how frustrating that is, and how often I just feel "stuck").

So, I leave you all with the conviction that God is Good! He has good things in store for us, if we will wait on Him, and trust that His plan is perfect.

And I also leave you with at picture from my garden, where I recently strung up new lights which I think look quite dreamy. :)

0 comments:

  • Post a Comment