Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Here We Go!

Well Folks, this is it. It's my last couple hours at work before the madness truly begins...

I'm not ready.

Which is odd, because usually, when I'm given the chance to get out
of the country, I'm ready to go at the drop of a hat - no problemo. So, it's pretty confusing to me that this time 'round I'm so anxious about the trip. I have so many things running through my head, it feels impossible to organize them all into coherent thought. Just writing out a packing list seems like the largest task in the world. Man, do I need some perspective. Geez!

**Deep breath**

So much has been happening lately, I feel pretty off center. I haven't really had any time to myself in weeks. Three out of the past four weekends I've been working at camp - which is just about my favorite thing to do in the world - but I'm tired. And I'm kinda stressed out by all that I need to accomplish in the next 24 hours. Oh, everything that needs to happen will, and everything I need to do will get done - it's just that I'm going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off while doing it.

In my defense, it is pretty hard to pack for a missions trip - with work clothes, and 50 recorders (wind instruments) for the kids, plus gifts - AND for "vacation time" in London with friends - hip street clothes (right, like I have anything "hip" in my closet) for nights on the town, and strolling across the Millennium Bridge. Yup, it's not going to be easy. I'm going to have to get inventive in my clothing combos.

Lord - please make the room stop spinning and help me to focus. To focus on the important things, and to trust you. Please grant me peace and comfort as I find myself facing some unusual circumstances. Please bless all the many legs of our journeys - to London, and Armenia, and back again. Guide my interactions with others, and help me to set my heart and mind on you. Jesus, be the center. Be the place and the person in whom I find hope, and rest. Let the overflow of my heart impact those around me, and let your Name be glorified. Amen.

1 comments:

  • Ery said...

    Awesome. A mission trip and hanging in London. Hope you have tons of fun and God bless. :)

  • Post a Comment