Friday, October 9, 2009

The Final Countdown

Wow. I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. I leave for Armenia in less than a week. And between now and then, I'll only be home for 3 days...phew - I've got a lot to accomplish in three days...

Our upcoming trip to Armenia has been fraught with changes from it's initial planning stages up until now.

It has morphed in Size and Players: from being a team of about 12 people, to being a team of 5.

It's morphed in Script: from going over to build a new playground and take part in a food and firewood distribution, to doing a random mishmash of things we're still not even sure of (but which may include painting at the ARM orphanage, programs for kids at different orphanages, repairs on past playgrounds we've built, etc).

And it's morphed in so many other ways. One of those ways is through tragedy: One of the ARM staff's sisters has become (perhaps) fatally ill, and we've certainly encouraged her to spend time with her family, and just taking care of herself in this time. But, she was also the person with whom 2 of us were going to be staying with, a translator, and the only one who could drive the ARM van. Please pray for her as she deals with all these additional pressures and sorrows in her life - that God would comfort her, and that we'd be an encouragement to her in her time of need. Pray too that we'd find reasonably priced taxi drivers, and that we'd have really great replacement translators.

Also, the reason we're not able to build a new playground this trip, is because our playground is still wrapped up in customs. So, please pray that the playground would be passed through customs very quickly, without any problems, and that everything would go smoothly, so the next team who goes to Armenia is able to build it.

Personally, as I prepare for this trip, I definitely need prayer that I would have the right heart and the right spirit going into this. And that I'd just get everything pulled together in the short time before I leave.

And while I've got you praying - this weekend, I'll be back at Timber-lee to help with our annual Mother/Daughter Retreat. I'm really looking forward to it (it always ministers to me as much as our guests to be up there and participate in the weekends), and I would love your prayers for safety for our guests as they travel, and are at camp; that they'd have a wonderful time with each other, and that they'd really be able to meet God this weekend. Pray for our speaker - Molly Sanborn, and our worship leader - Bethany Arndt, and for all the various activities and personal interactions that will take place this weekend.

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to be a part of so many wonderful things. Be glorified!

1 comments:

  • Adriana Willey said...

    hi christina! it's audi. i found your blog and love it! i miss you but it is good to be a part of your thoughts and heart through this. i'll be praying for you in armenia!
    love,
    audi

  • Post a Comment